Lentara UnitingCare is committed and recognises the need for students to gain valuable hands on experience that relates to their chosen profession. We offer work placements to both university and TAFE students.
Relevant courses include:
• Social work (Bachelor/Masters)
• Diploma of Community Services
• Diploma of Welfare
• Certificates in Community Services
Other courses/disciplines will be considered where there is support from a placement supervisor.
Our commitment to students placed with us is to:
• Provide accurate information about the organisation and its policy on student placements
• Provide a comprehensive induction program
• Provide a clear student placement role relating to the specific projects and programs
• Provide a clear understanding of lines of accountability
• Ensure that you are a valued part of a team
• Provide a safe working environment
• Ensure learning objectives are clarified and supported
• Ensure on-the-job mentoring and support is provided
• Meet the aims of your placement and learning outcomes
Why consider Lentara?
• We provide valuable learning opportunities within the areas of Asylum seeker support, Emergency Relief, Financial and Social Inclusion and Homelessness
• You will receive support from staff
• Access to experienced staff
How do I apply for a Student Placement?
To be considered for a placement please complete the following steps:
• Fill out a student placement expression of interest form online or complete the application form
Please include the following documents
• A copy of your resume
• A cover letter
• Student placement information
• Attend an interview (if selected)
• Attend orientation and induction (if selected)
• Have a current national criminal history check (dated within three months of application)
• Have a valid volunteer working with children’s check
• Provide a copy of your student placement agreement (if selected)